And to know which keywords people are really searching for, you must conduct a keyword research. Keyword research is finding the keyword that people are typing in search engines to find specific topics. Higher searched keywords would mean higher competition in that niche. To make your web or blog popular you must also think like a marketer.(Read : Why thinking as a marketer is good for your web)
What is optimizing and keyword density? For a some people this usually means stuffing your keywords to your articles in your website including :
- Spreading the keywords through the articles
- Put a link from your keyword in the article linked to your other articles
- Putting keywords in capital words .
- Putting it bold.
There are some probability that a visitor might do :
- The site is not as expected as the keyword search and just leave the site.
- Bookmark the site, because it looks interesting and would probably return later.
- Make a transaction in the site which could be an opt in email registration.
- Make a transaction that results in income for the website owner (buy stuffs, click on the Google Adsense,etc). This is what you call a traffic conversion that reached its objective.
So the point to all this is back to Danny Sullavan’s statement :“Unfortunately, too many assume that SEO means trying to trick search engines. It doesn’t. It simply means building a site that’s friendly to them.” (Source: Copyblogger.com)
This means to get the heart and the mind of visitors is great content that brings natural links. Now to reach this point we must learn the skills of great copywriting.